In response to the needs of local people, TCAN is in the process of opening a community information and advice hub in Tollcross. Working with Citizen's Advice Edinburgh and a local foodbank we are going to be opening the Hub from Spring 2017 on Thursday mornings 10am-12pm at the shop in Central Halls Tollcross. People will be able to access to a Citizens Advice Bureau adviser, as part of our service.
We are currently recruiting volunteers to welcome people using the service. If you join want to be part of an exciting and growing organisation, with an ability to influence and shape our future direction, to the betterment of the people of Tollcross, then volunteer today.
Community Hub Volunteer: what is the the role?
• To welcome people to the Community Hub and sign post them to relevant services
• To act as an ambassador for TCAN
• To help identify local residents who may benefit from our services
• Keep up to date a library of local services, that may benefit visitors to the Hub
• Ensure the effective and efficient administration of the Hub
• Help shape TCAN services, by providing feedback to the Board from users of the Hub
What we are looking for?
• Good communication skills and ability to empathise with our clients and build trust with them is essential
•Excellent people skills and ability to be friendly and wellcoming to service users
• People who will respect the confidentiality of people visiting the service
• Knowledge of the local area would be helpful
How many hours do I need to volunteer?
• Someone who would be able to commit to volunteering at least one Thursday morning (10am-12pm) a month for a period of at least 6 months and attend relevant training sessions.
Whilst the role is predominantly volunteering at the Community Hub on Thursday morning’s, you will have the opportunity, if you would like, to volunteer in our wider activities, gaining experience in events management, communications and fundraising.
How do I express interest?
If you are interested or would like more information please send us a short email (of not more than 300 words) outlining how you think you could help us to firstname.lastname@example.org